What are the courses offered at the Bayanihan Center?
The Filipino Overseas Workers in Singapore (FOWS) offers the following courses at the Bayanihan Centre on Sundays: Arts and Craft, Advance Baking, Aromatherapy, Basic and Advance Dressmaking, Bookkeeping and Accounting, Computer Fundamentals and Electives, Cosmetology, Dancing, First Aid, Food Processing & Preservation, Guitar Lessons, International Cuisine, Nursing Aid (with English Lessons), Piano Lessons, Voice Lessons, Tailoring
When can we enroll for the STP courses?
Registration for STP courses starts on January every year. As seats are limited, enrollees of the different courses are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Thus enrollment ends before classes start in March or once all seats are taken, which ever comes first.
Bayanihan Centre Facilities
What activities can be held at the Bayanihan Centre?
The following activities can be held at the Bayanihan Centre:
- Advertisement or information dissemination on services provided by business, which are beneficial to the Filipino migrant workers in Singapore
- Meetings and trainings for and by Filipino communities, organizations and associations
- Social events such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
What facilities are available at the Bayanihan Centre?
- VIP Lounge: Air-conditioned room suitable for parties and small gatherings
- Audio Visual Room: Air-conditioned room with business meeting facilities
- Theatre Room: Big-screen TV with video player that seats about 80 – 100 persons
- 2 Computer Rooms: 13-16 computers in a classroom set up with Internet Access
- Canteen: Serves Filipino food on Sundays
- Exercise Room
- Music Room
- Outdoor Badminton Court
Who can use the facilities at the Bayanihan Centre?
The Bayanihan Centre is open to all individuals and groups that meet and cater to the objectives of the Society.
How can we use the facilities at the Bayanihan Centre?
To book the rooms, please contact the Centre Staff at the Bayanihan Centre at least one week before your scheduled event.